Ten (More) Reasons to Run Mississauga
Plus Discount Code
USE DISCOUNT CODE ***GOTMAG*** SAVE 10%
In the current issue of Get Out There you can read our complete race profile of the Mississauga Marathon, but if you still need a reason to run, start here!
- The Mississauga Marathon – the Greater Toronto’s Spring Marathon – has a run for everyone! Events include Full Marathon, Sal Guzzo, LL.B. Relay Challenge, Half Marathon, MNP 10KM, 10KM Student Relay, Novo Nordisk ® “Hazel” 5KM, and the 2KM Fun Run/Walk.
- The course is stunning! Take a tour of Mississauga, including the Port Credit Lighthouse, Mississauga Golf and Country Club, Lake Ontario Waterfront Trail and Lakefront Promenade Park.
- Brand new start line for the Full Marathon, Sal Guzzo, LL.B. Relay Challenge and Half Marathon is at Mississauga’s Celebration Square. The new start area will be able to accommodate a pre-race warm up for participants. For those who LOVE the course, fear not – this change only impacts the first kilometre.
- Want a PB? This might be your race! It’s an 80m net downhill course and more than 2,000 Boston Marathon qualifying times have already been recorded! The female course record is held by Canadian Olympian Krista DuChene (2009) and the male course record is held by Daniel Njenga of Kenya (2010).
- Take it from those who know – 95% of past participants said they would run this race again!
- Free shuttles, free parking and free baggage service for ALL participants and spectators. That’s a lot of free!
- Scotiabank Charity Challenge allows charities to use the Mississauga Marathon as the event platform to raise funds. By registering as a charity with the Mississauga Marathon, Scotiabank covers all processing fees – 100% of donations go directly to the charity! In 2016, over $200,000 was raised for 27 different charities. Participants can choose to donate and fundraise for a charity when they register.
- The Sal Guzzo, LL.B. Relay Challenge allows teams of up to five members to complete the Full Marathon – relay style! The course is broken down into five different legs (four legs of 8km, one leg of 10.2km). This is a unique team building exercise that can be done by coworkers, groups, friends, and communities!
- The Race Weekend Warrior Challenge pushes participants’ limits – 2 races in 2 days! Runners complete either the Novo Nordisk ® “Hazel” 5KM or the MNP 10KM on Saturday, then complete either the Full Marathon or Half Marathon on Sunday! Do you have what it takes?
- And if you STILL aren’t convinced, how about a 10% discount off any race distance? Use discount code GOTMAG (case sensitive). Register through HTG Sports at www.mississaugamarathon.com/register
Learn more at www.mississaugamarathon.com.